Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lunch Time

This LO was done for 3 challenges this week. One of the challenges is from Sisterhood of Scrap's weekly challenge. It was to do a LO with black, red & white. Another challenge came from Scrapping out LOUD! & their challenge this week was to use the theme "time." I made the clock on my page & it has Hannah's lunch time from first grade on it (since the pictures are from last year). And the final challenge came from Scrap It Forward. Their challenge was to do a "girlfriend" LO in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month. You can't tell in the picture but Hannah is sitting with 2 girlfriends that happen to be in her class again this year & she is good friends with both of them. I blurred the faces because there are a lot of kids in these pictures & you just never know who's going to see them on the Internet.
Now the second part of Scrap It Forward's challenge was to collect the pink Yoplait lids & promise to send them in to the company. So here is a picture of the flyer & the envelope that I'm going to leave in the teacher's lounge at work to collect lids from everyone there. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Treasured moments

This page did double duty for me today. Scrapping out LOUD's challenge for the week was to use naked chipboard. I used chipboard photo corners & little extra pieces in between the pictures. At first I was good with leaving them naked. Then, when I went to do the journaling I kept thinking "I could write or draw on the chipboard" and I had to keep reminding myself not to touch it! This was also for the Sisterhood of Scrap's "soup" challenge. This week's "soup" was Chicken Noodle Soup. The recipe was: -Add some striped paper (noodles) -Shades of yellows( chicken) -Brown ink (chicken broth). Thanks for looking! Enjoy!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cards, cards and more cards

I've been in the card making mood lately I guess. Here are some cards I made for the Sisterhood of Scrap World Card Making Day, which was on the 3rd. On this first card, the challenge was to use a pink bow.On this second card, the challenge was to make a square card and put a butterfly and a heart somewhere on the card. The butterfly I added has a magnet on the back and I attached it to the card with some removable adhesive. That way, the recipient can put it on their fridge. I got the butterfly idea from Dawn Griffith.
This next card was a "Flower Child" challenge. You had to use flowers and twine on the card. I saw a card similar to this at the Creating Keepsakes vendor fair that Hannah & I went to but of course I couldn't remember exactly what it looked like so this is the closest I got.
On this next card, you had to use numbers in your title.

This last card was for the "Thankful" challenge and you had to used an orange button, stitching (real or faux), orange patterned paper and the thankful theme.
This card I made after seeing Kristina Werner's Make A Card Monday. It was a very simple card and I thought I could do something similar pretty easily. This is just a random card and not for any challenge.

This next card is for the Sisterhood of Scrap Saturday Soup challenge for Oct. 10th. The soup theme was "pea soup." The recipe was: 1 animal embellishment (for the ham bone!), orange ribbon (for the carrots), 6 green buttons (for the celery), 3 different green pp (for the peas), some black and white of some sort (for the salt and pepper). You could do a LO or a card but I seem to be stuck on cards so here's what I came up with:

Monday, October 12, 2009

Bowling lessons

This layout is for the Pagemaps contest. I actually broke out some of the stuff I bought at the Creating Keepsakes convention that Hannah & I went to. There's not much else to say about the LO. The journaling pretty much says it all. I don't know what's up with the dots on the side of the picture. I think it's the stitching program I use. Sorry for the scan! Thanks for looking!

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Non crafting related post...

I wanted to share this cookie recipe that I made 3 times last week. I made them last Sunday and they were so popular at my house, I think they were gone in about 15 min. I made them again on Mon. or Tues. night (I can't remember) and again on Wed. night for my class/co-workers at school. Whew! I got the idea from a Betty Crocker e-mail and that one called for Devils Food Cake Mix but Andrew accidentally got chocolate and my recipe was born. Here is the recipe in case you want to try them:

1 box chocolate cake mix
1/3 c. oil (plus about 1 tbsp.)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. sugar
Preheat oven to 350. Mix first 4 ingredients and form into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 min. Let cool. Enjoy!