Sunday, October 8, 2017

Unity GIU Blog Hop


Welcome fellow Unity stamp addicts, lovers!  Thanks for joining me for the Growing in Unity Blog Hop!  You should have arrived from Cara's blog and your next stop will be Victoria.  If you get lost along the way, there's a complete list at the bottom of this post.

The card I'm sharing today was done a bit differently.  I learned this technique a long time ago from a friend.  All you need is a stamp, some water, a paint brush and some toilet paper.  Yes, toilet paper.  I took my stamp and turned it over and then laid one square of t.p. over my stamp.  Then I dropped water on it little by little with my paint brush.  Then I kind of pushed the t.p. down over my stamp to really get it into the nooks & crannies of my stamp.  I put another layer of t.p. on top and repeated the process.  I think I used 4 layers of t.p.  It really just depends on how detailed you want your impression to be.  If you have a less detailed stamp, you could go with more t.p.  A more detailed stamp might need less t.p.

After that, let your t.p. dry on your stamp (I left mine over night to be safe).  Then carefully take the t.p. off and trim around the image.  Then I added some eye shadow for the blue coloring and I used my Spectrum Noir sparkle pen for the shine. 


Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to comment on all the blogs so you can be entered to win a prize pack from Unity ~ they don't disappoint!!


1. Ginger Pelfrey http://myheartspleasure.wordpress.com
5. Anya Lynet www.maiaink.blogspot.com
6. Tami Carlson French www.teamgingerbread.blogspot.com

38 comments:

stamping sue said...

I remember doing this technique years ago. thanks for the reminder. Your card is inspired!
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Amber Jean said...

I have never heard of using toilet paper. You definitely have my creative juices flowing though. I am thinking of using this for shell stamps, a sand dollar specifically, to make them more muted.

SmilynStef said...

Fun color combination ... and fun technique

Sandra said...

What a fun idea!! Will give this a try, your card is beautiful!!!

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

That's such a fun technique !!! Never heard of it !! I definitely will give it a try. Your card is lovely, thanks for sharing.

Caroline Galmarini said...

Ive never tried this technique but have received cards using it. I'm certainly going to use it now. Beautiful card.

Gingin said...

Very cool Stephanie! I’ve never heard of this technique but will definitely be trying it. Thank you for sharing

Patti J said...

Beautifully done!!! Thanks for sharing this technique with us!!!

Linda Simmons said...

So soft and pretty.

krcmasterpiece said...

I've never tried that technique! Sounds interesting. Love your color combo.

Judy B said...

Interesting technique, it made a great flower. Thanks for sharing. ❤️

Dawn Fields said...

Hello Stephanie! That is an interesting technique for sure. Your card turned out lovely.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous work!!

ionabunny said...

Interesting technique and great result. Hugz

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Fantastic technique with tp, I should try this.
Your card is very elegant and beautiful Stephanie, thanks for sharing.

Cindy Thick said...

I have never heard of this technique. It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Hope said...

Its amazing how you can create such unique patterns with household items. Great card.

Vencine said...

love your paper casting technique! nicely done!

Kathy N. said...

What a cool technique. Thanks for sharing. I would like to give that a try with some of my snowflake stamps.

Mary said...

Always looking for different techniques to try. Thanks for sharing.

Phaline Mays said...

Never heard of this technique. Very pretty!

Bo Prior said...

Thanks for sharing the technique you used for this cute card.

Kris K said...

Great technique! I like it!

Crafter said...

Cool technique! Love your card!

Jan Vint said...

What a different technique to get a 3D result! What fun - I guess the hard part would be waiting to see the results as the TP dries. Your card is very pretty - thanks for sharing.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Thanks for bringing back an older technique. I forget sometimes how wonderful these work out. Fabulous project

Jan M said...

I've never heard of this technique...will have to give it a try. Neat card and technique.

LL said...

Beautiful! I need to get busy again!!

Lagene said...

Super cool technique, It's been a long time since I've done this, here's a link to my Tutorial for this technique: https://inkylageney.wordpress.com/2013/11/08/mfptt-chal-74-paper-towel-sculpting-with-stamps/

Dee Earnshaw said...

such a pretty card:)

Jessica Lin said...

Really nice card! Love the colors you used :)

Playing with Paper said...

I never heard of this technique, very cool!! Lovely card 😊

Cara said...

I remember that technique but have not used it in a while! Your image came our perfect!
Thanks for sharing!
(Hugs) Cara
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

Mary said...

Love the technique and your card

Unknown said...

Thank you for the reminder of the toilet paper stamping! Your technique is lovely! I can't wait to show my coworkers....

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Such adorable card and beautiful technique!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Dandydo said...

Such a sweet card. :) You used a technique that I've never heard of before!

Denise Bryant said...

What a fun technique!