Monday, June 9, 2008

You are Important!

I was listening to the radio today and I heard the song by Casting Crowns “East to West.” There is one part in the first verse that says “I know you've cast my sin as far as the East is from the West.” Then, in the chorus they say that Jesus knows "just how far the East is from the West, one scarred hand to the other.” I was just thinking that verse over in my mind and I think we can sometimes get all wrapped up in thinking about our sins. We don’t have to think about that. Jesus has already forgotten our sins when we repent for them. If you think about how far the east is from the west it’s unfathomable. But Jesus knows. He knows because he paid the price for our sins to be forever gone from us.

Another song I heard today was “Indescribable” by Chris Tomlin. The one line in that song that always gets me is the first line of the chorus that says “Indescribable, Uncontainable, You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.” How amazing is God? He knows every star by name! If God takes the time to know each and every star then how much more do we matter to him? Have you taken a look at the sky lately? There’s a lot of stars up there! Don’t ever think you don’t matter to anyone. Your boss, co-workers, friends etc. may not realize your worth or your greatness, but God does. If God knows how far the East is from the West for us and he knows each star by name, then he also knows your worth and your greatness. You are important!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Those are two of my favorite songs! I especially love East to West. What an awesome message!