Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Birthday!

Last Sunday was my sister Lindsay's birthday and yesterday was my brother Andrew's birthday. My sister turned 24 and my brother turned 15. He will be so mad that I say this but it was so weird talking to him because his voice is changing! I just wanted to share some things that I remember from when we were younger (don't worry, I'll spare everyone the embarrassing details!):


  • Andrew used to call chap stick "lip chap."

  • Once Lindsay ate a tube of chap stick because she thought it was candy. My mom found her sitting on the dryer with a tube about as wide as a quarter and completely rolled up. Hmm....where do your kids get it?

  • When Lindsay and I used to share a room and we would get mad at each other, we would tie up the other's bed with yarn.

  • Andrew had a red power ranger uniform that he would wear to church every Sunday night for about 2 months when he was 4 or 5. (I won't say any more about that uniform - may it rest in peace!)

  • One time Lindsay and I were the last ones out of the house on a very cold winter day. When we shut the door, one of our cats got stuck in between the doors. When we came home, the cat had done it's duty all over the door. My dad made us clean it up. I laughed and poured hot water while Lindsay chipped it away.

  • Andrew used to dance with his chin stuck out and his eyes closed.

  • Lindsay and I used to roll off my top bunk onto pillows and blankets below.

  • I fell down the back steps once while I was carrying Andrew on our way to Easter service at church.

  • Lindsay and I used to play Boxcar Children in the pasture. "Let's pretend our parents are dead...."

  • Lindsay and I got stuck in the mud once right by the fence and we peed our pants because we were laughing so hard about it. Then my dad got mad at us because he had to pull us out.

  • Andrew and Lindsay used to sing these songs: "I feel like chicken tonight" and the song about the basketball player wearing her pants low.

Happy Birthday guys! We really did have a fun childhood beyond all the fighting we did! I am so blessed to have my 3 brothers and my sister!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Those are some good memories. Thanks!