1. Starting the year with 15 students and ending with 8.
2. Taking 4 months to read Frankenstein. That was a 12th grade, unabridged, book I read with my awesome 7th & 8th graders!!!
3. Watching Seussical Jr. Musical and having to yell at the annoying 7th & 8th graders (not from my school - thank God!) behind me. Grrr! Don't get me angry during a play!!!
4. Having a student leave, then come back, then leave again, then come back.
5. Nominating one of my students for National Jr. Leadership Conference and sending her on an excellent trip to Washington D.C.
6. Crying when one of my favorite students left a month before school was out with only 2 days notice.
7. Finding out that 6 out of 8 of my students scored at or above grade level on district-wide tests.
8. Beating the students for the 2nd time in a staff vs. student volleyball match. Go old people!
9. Beating the students in the 1st annual staff vs. student kickball game. Old people rock - again!
10. Watching my first class of 7th graders mature into smart, capable 8th graders, and finally letting them go into the hands of the high school world. I will not cry! I will not cry!