- Earlier this year during volleyball practice, while grabbing his thigh, he told the coach he pulled his "thyroid." To which she responded "Wow that's really serious. I've never heard of anyone pulling their thyroid.
- During another volleyball practice the coach was explaining to a player that she really needed him to be more consistent with his serves. The boy asked what she meant and this particular student said "Duh, it means when you can't go to the bathroom."
- After our geography bee (which he won, amazingly) he asked me where "Hamsterdam" was. I told him it was next to "Gerbilville."
- Today he told the class that he had so much calcium in his hair they wouldn't believe it.
- He was talking about how he likes British accents and he when he imitated it, it made him sound erotic. I think he meant exotic.
So, yes, I have frustrating days, and yes, they don't always get their homework done, but when stuff like this happens, I just have to stop and laugh.
2/27/08 I had to add two more things today that were said:
- A student in my class had his desk cleared by the janitor because he keeps it so messy. He found it funny that his book was taken but not his bookmark. He says to me "Mrs. Puccini, the fiends stole my bookmark!"
- The student from the previous posts was irritated with another student and he said "Man, she is really pushing my ticket."