Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back to School!

So it's back to school for me next week. I can't believe how fast the summer has gone. I guess I really only had a month of summer because of summer school and summer rec. Oh well, it was still a fun summer. I am excited about starting school this year. I have fun first day activity planned for my students. Although recent events at my school have put a damper on things, I know this will still be a great year. I am continuing to keep a small class size (only 9 kids) and this will be another year of more girls than boys (6 out of nine). After my first year of 2 girls and 5 boys, I think I deserve it! Hopefully there won't be as much drama as I had last year! I am excited to start my 3rd year of teaching as my principal says this is the year where I've got everything under control (hopefully).

My kids start school on the 11th and I am excited for them as well. Hannah's in 1st grade and Josh will start kindergarten (sniffle, sniffle). Josh is so excited to start school. He just wants to read like his big sister! I hope I don't cry too badly on the first day because I tear up every time I think about it. I will be sure to take pictures and post them later.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Six girls out of nine students sounds great. Hopefully you will have a GREAT third year! :)

Lindsay said...

Hopefully the girls aren't too catty, or you'll be wishing you had more boys! I've been thinking about school too. I don't start until the end of the month, but there's so much to think about! I finished my graduation application yesterday and got the kinks in my schedule (almost) worked out. Before we know it, it'll be Christmas break!! Well, maybe not, but we can hope!

Anonymous said...

I hope this year is amazing! You deserve it! You have worked so hard and are an amazing teacher! I love you and had the most memroable summer with you ever! I love you sweetie! Andrew