Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Random thoughts...

So I probably won't have very many craft posts for awhile. We are at summer camps working for (and with) my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. I probably won't have a lot of time to update either (if you look at the time stamp it's almost 11:30 here). Back to the topic at hand...

I have been thinking about some random things lately. The first thought came when I was making the bed last night. Yes, last night. So why is it that I make the bed BEFORE I get in and sleep in it? It's going to get messed up anyway. I think it has something to do with needing to have straight sheets. I'm not sure.

My 2nd random thought comes from having a small visitor in our house. Andrew found a lizard on the back of one of the couches when we first moved into our house at camp. So he caught it in a pan and took it back outside. Well, Sunday, he saw it again in our house. He tried to catch it again but was unsuccessful. In order to calm everyone down, he kept saying "It's more scared of us than we are of it." What does this phrase mean? I know what it means but, come on! I don't care how scared the darn lizard is - I don't want it in my house and I don't want to be near it. The same thing goes for other creepy crawly things. Just because a spider might be scared of me does not mean I'm going to let it live in the corner of my bedroom its whole life!! And really, think about a snake. Maybe that snake is sitting there thinking "Oooh, what nice piece of human meat. That reminds me, I've been craving human." In that case, do I have a right to be scared? I guess that phrase is just not comforting to me. You?

1 comment:

Geralyn Gray said...

THE ONE THING I DON'T LIKE ABOUT SNAKES AND OTHER CREEPY CRAWLY THINGS IS THAT THEY ALWAYS CATCH YOU OF GUARD. I DON'T BLAME YOU IN THE LEAST, YOU CAN BE FRIEGHTENED IF YOU WANT TO. THE PHRASE WOULDN'T COMFORT ME EITHER!!